Monday, November 30, 2009

More Snowflakes!

Good morning, before I go on to today's project let me just remind you that today is the last day to take advantage of the fantastic Online Extravaganza Deals. Please call me if you would like to place can order. I don't want you to miss out on the great deals.
Now onto today's project. We made these baskets at this month's Stamp Club but it just didn't seem finished until I added the Small Flat Cellophane Bag (103104) some Candy Cane Kisses and Mistletoe Ribbon (116792), but I am getting ahead of myself first I should tell you how we made the basket. These baskets are easy to make with a little help from the Big Shot and the Stampin'Up! Baskets & Blooms Bigs XL Die (113484). This die cut and scores the two sides for the basket and the bottom in no time. I used Real Red Card Stock (102482). After you cut out the sides and bottom you need Sticky Strip (104294) to assemble the basket. Now if you want to add an embellishment like the snowflakes you should to that before you attach the two sides into a circle. It is easier to pierce the hole when the project is flat. (Wonder how I found that out) To make the snowflakes I used the Jumbo Snowflake Punch (116628) and punched out one from Whisper White Card Stock (100730) and one from Soft Suede Card Stock (115318). I used a small Clear Rhinestone Brad in the center of the snowflakes. After we finished the basket we used the Shimmer Paint Champagne Mist (116806) that I added to Rubbing Alcohol and made a Shimmer Spray. This adds lots of sparkle to a project. I hope you can see it better on the close up picture. Remember that the Shimmer Paint is only available until January 4. Wouldn't these baskets make a great gift for a coworker or for a goodie bag for you child's classroom.
I am off to work on Stamp Club Projects for December. They meet the 3rd and 8th. If you are interested in learning more about Stamp Club and the benefits of joining email me and I will be happy to answer your questions. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Tonya

No comments: