Monday, November 2, 2009

Finally Back!

Good afternoon, I hope that you all had a great Halloween. It was a busy week but I really enjoyed all the activities that we did. The kids had fun trick or treating and came home with lots of candy. I am finally back to being able to stamp so today I decided to make a card using the Polished Stone Technique but it has sort of a twist because instead of using Metallic Reinker I used the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to add some shine to my project. Because I really wanted to show off the Polished Stone I kept the accessories to a minimum and just used Kraft Taffeta Ribbon. I played around with adding a sentiment but decided on this card less was definitely more. In the top picture you can see more of the shimmer but even that picture doesn't show off the true shimmer of the Shimmer Paints. The base of the card is Kraft Card Stock (102125). I used Soft
Suede (115663), Dusty Durango (115660)and More Mustard (101962) Reinkers to make the Polished Stone Background. If you haven't tired the Polished Stone Technique before it is quite easy to do. You start with Glossy White Card Stock (102599), then you wet a cotton ball with Rubbing Alcohol and add a few drops of reinker to the cotton ball. Usually I use one to two drops of two different colors then one drop of Silver or Gold Reinker. For this card I instead used one drop of the three colors then just sponged the cotton ball all over the Glossy White Card Stock blending until you get the desired look. Be careful not to over blend as it can make the colors muddy looking. After the Glossy White Card Stock as dried (this step doesn't take long because of the Rubbing Alcohol) then I used a sponge dauber to add the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806). I used my Heat Tool (100005) to speed up the drying process. After the Shimmer Paint was dry I added leaves from the Autumn Splendor Stamp Set (116503) and used Basic Brown Classic Ink (104315) to stamp them directly on the Polished Stone Sheet. I then finished the card by adding a little Dusty Durango Card Stock (115321) to the top and bottom of the Polished Stone Sheet. The bottoms of the Polished Stone Sheet and the Dusty Durango were torn to add a little distressing to the card and I added a knotted piece of Kraft Taffeta Ribbon (109068) around the bottom.
I hope that you enjoyed today's card. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it I would love to hear from you. As always thank you for stopping by today and have a great day. 'Til next time, Tonya

No comments: