Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas Candle

I just love to give and recieve handmade gifts. I think it show that you care enough to take a little extra time and really put something of yourself into a gift. I also like to dress up something ordinary and make it a little more special which brings us to today's project. I bought this plain red jar candle last year on Clearance at my favorite home improvement store. I was looking through my items to be altered and decided it would be perfect. I started with the Big Shot, White Decor Element Sheets (114335) and the Snowflakes Set #2 Sizzlites Dies (113449). I cut one of each of the four Snowflakes from the Decor Elements Sheets and applied one to each side of the candle. I took the Red Rhinestone Circle Brads (109110) apart and used a Mini Glue Dot to adhere them to the center of each snowflake. I added Mistletoe Ribbon (116792) to the top of the jar and then decorated the top of the candle lid. For this a used the Scallop Circle #2 Big Shot Die ( 113469) and Real Red Card Stock (102482). The larger of the two Scallop Circles is a perfect fit for the lid. I then added some Faux Snow to the edges with 2 way Glue and then a White Snowflake from the Clearanced Felt Flurries Set with a Red Rhinestone Circle Brad added to the center. I attached it with Mini Glue Dots and this gift is ready to give. I could add a simple gift tag to the ribbon if I don't want to worry about wrapping it.
I will be back tomorrow with another gift idea. Be sure and check out the Online Extravaganza and let me know if you would like to place an order. I will placing one later today and if you are local you can save on shipping by adding it to my order. Thanks for stopping by. Tonya




No comments: