Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Technique Time again!



Wow it has been a while since I have used today's technique and this one uses a new twist on it. The technique is Faux Silk and traditionally you would use tissue paper to stamp on then layer it on a base but while blog surfing I found that Lyssa over on Song of My Heart Stampers did this technique using coffee filters. One thing I really like about the coffee filters is that they are a little sturdier and tend to allow for a little rougher treatment just in case you don't get the filter lined up on your base just the way you want to. :)

The supplies are pretty basic I used two stamp sets, Serene Snowflakes and Perfect Punches, three ink colors: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy. I also used Not Quite Navy Card Stock and Tafetta Ribbon as well as Whisper White and Bashful Blue Card Stock. For the sentiment I used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch and the Scallop Circle Punch which is paper pierced on each scallop. This card would be easy to make a bunch of in a short amount of time so if you haven't started your Chistmas Cards yet then be sure and contact me to place your order for supplies. I will be back tomorrow with a new post that will show you are new Cookie Press Stamps. I had so much fun trying them out and look forward to using them again. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: