Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gift Wrap Made Easy

The sun is shining today which means I was able to get pictures taken of my newest project. I made a quick and easy gift bag out of the Deck the Halls Designer Series Fabric that is on sale until the end of today for only $3.98. That is 60% off the regular price. Also included is the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric for the same price. The Sweet Stitches and Springtime Vintage Designer Fabrics are 50% off.

To make the bag I simply cut a rectangle that would go around my item to be wrapped. In this case it is a bottle but it could be anything (bread, cookies, or even numchucks that my 13 year old want to put in the bag) If you want to decorate the front I would recommend doing so before you sew your bag across the bottom and sides or you could add it later but it is more challenging. Ask me how I know? For the front of the back I used the Perfect Pennants Die to cut out the tree. There are three different sizes of triangles on the die so you can make several sizes of trees. I used the largest one. I added Chantilly Crochet Trim to the tree and a Chocolate Chip Scallop Ribbon tree trunk and stitched it to a off white piece of fabric. I added a More Mustard Button from the Regals Designer Buttons to the top of my tree. I then stitched the piece to my Cherry Cobbler fabric before adding the Cherry Cobbler Satin ribbon that was stitched by hand to cover the edges. Now to finish the bag fold your fabric in half with right sides together and stitch along the bottom and side. I then folded the top edge down and stitched it in place to give it a clean finished edge. For this bag I tied it shut with more Chantilly Crochet Trim but you can use any ribbon you like.






As an after thought I could have used the Cherry Cobbler Scallop Ribbon to edge the front. It is one of the four ribbons included in the 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon Bundle along with Basic Black, Chocolate chip and Old Olive for only $22.26 which is 30% off. I will place another order tonight for anyone still wishing to order from the Online Extravaganza all you need to do it call or email me before 11pm. Thanks and have a great day! Tonya

No comments: