Sunday, November 27, 2011

Greeting Card Kids Ornament

Hello and Good evening, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you to all of you that stopped by for the All Things Stampin'Up! Blog Hop. It was great to hear from so many of you. Today I want to share with you an ornament that I made with a Window Sheet, Jet Black Stazon and the Greeting Card Kids Stamp Set. I used some other supplies but I will get to those in a bit. First Stamp your image with the Jet Black Stazon onto the Window Sheet. I then flipped the image over and colored it with Permanent Markers. Our Stampin' Write Markers don't work for this process as they don't dry on the Window Sheet. Then I punched out the image with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and added a thin layer of Crystal Effect on the side that I had stamped the image on. Note this will reverse the image from the orginal so if using a image with words then add the Crystal Effect on the side with the Permanent Marker. I don't add the Crystal Effects to the marker side just because the marker can some time bleed into the Crystal Effects and cause a halo of color around the image. After adding the Crystal Effects I poured Dazzling Diamonds of the still wet Crystal Effects to give the image a glittery snowy appearance. Let the ornament dry overnight. I used the 1/16" Handheld Punch to add a hole into the top and thread a piece of thin rope or twine through. I then rolled the Window Sheet and pushed it through the opening of the glass ornament holding onto the twine at the top of the ornament. I secured the ends on the outside of the ornament to keep the image upright and then added the top back onto the ornament so it could be added to the tree. Your ornament can be personalized with a name or date. I hope you enjoyed this ornament. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more info. Thanks for stopping by tonight and I will have a new post for tomorrow. Tonya

No comments: