Thursday, July 15, 2010

Simple Artistic Etching

Hello, I haven't disappeared or anything but I have been bad about not posting this week. Sorry about that. I had club Tuesday night and we had a wonderful time and I have been busy making swaps. I have one more organized swap to make and then a few more generals swaps before I leave on Tuesday, add in our family activities and that doesn't leave much time to post. I will be writing post that will be published while I am gone, so at least the days I am away there will be new projects for you. The other day I was playing with the Artistic Etching Stamp Set and I decided I need a simple yet elegant card to showcase the new colors. This is one of the cards I came up with. The base is Basic Black Card Stock with a layer of Daffodil Delight Card Stock. I used the new (and my favorite right now) embossing folder Vintage Wallpaper to add a design to my Very Vanilla Card Stock. I only did the top portion so that I could stamp on the lower portion. I used Jet Black Stazon to stamp the design on the bottom. It is one stamp that I stamped three times across the card. It is super easy to line them up with the new Clear Mount Stamps. To finish off the card and cover the area where the stamping and embossed image meet I added a piece of 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon and there you have the finished card. Nothing to difficult yet it would be perfect to make a bunch for notes to teachers, friends or loved ones. I am off to bed it has been a long day and tomorrow will be more of the same. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day, Tonya

No comments: