Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July and Cherry Pie!

Ok, well it isn't really Cherry Pie but it is one of the newest colors that Stampin'Up! has added this year and I really am loving it! It is called Cherry Cobbler and I am not sure my picture really does it justice. It is much richer in person. I have been pretty bad about not stamping this week. Our family has been so busy with Baseball Tournament, Cross Country and I had a class earlier this week for a group of teenagers (which I loved working with) that today I really was feeling the need to stamp. Do you ever have days like that? You just get the urge to stamp and you just have to do it even if there is laundry, cleaning and all those chores to do. If you understand you are probably a demonstrator or should be. ;) So today's card is my salute to the 4th of July! I love the 4th and all that it means. For our family it is a time to get together and really enjoy being a family. Now when I say family I mean FAMILY! Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Parents, Grandparents, Kids Galore! It is a big celebration and my Brother and Sister-in-law host it. Sorry to get a little off track back to the card. I used three colors and wanted a vintage feel with this card. The Ink and Card Stock used are Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Night of Navy. I also used the Stamp Set July Fourth which includes the fireworks in the background and the sentiment set which was inked up with the Night of Navy Marker and the Cherry Cobbler Marker and punched out the the Curly Label Extra Large Punch. The Night of Navy ruffle was made by punching out the edge with the Eyelet Border Punch then running the card stock through the Crimper. I used a piece of Sticky Strip along the Cherry Cobbler Card Stock to attach the Night of Navy Card Stock, scrunching it as I went. The Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon was dyed with the Crumb Cake Marker to match the card. It looks a little darker in the picture but I think that is my camera. It looks really close in person. The final touch to the card was the Chunky Essentials White Glitter that I added with Two Way Glue to give the card that little extra touch. There you have my salute to the 4th. What do you think? Remember this stamp set is only available until the end of August so be sure and order yours so you can scrapbook your 4th of July pictures.
The new catalog went live yesterday and if you don't have a copy then let me know and I will be happy to help you. You can also view it online but I love to be able to take mine with me and look over it and check out all the great samples. Thanks for stopping by and have a safe and Happy 4th of July. Tonya

No comments: