Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wonderful Linen


Good morning, I did get to stamp yesterday but what I created I can't share at this time as it is a swap for convention. So today I am going to share one if the two cards we did at club this week. One of the swaps I signed up for at convention is a technique swap. What this involves is each person makes a 6x6" page with a technique sample and directions on how to make this technique. One of the ones that I chose is Faux Linen and since I had the technique on my mind I decided to share it with my wonderful club ladies.
The card starts with a base of Dusty Durango Card Stock (115321). We used a piece of Night Quite Navy Card Stock (101722) that was texturized with the Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439) and the Texture Plates Kit #4 (114531). Before we mounted the Not Quite Navy Card Stock to the Dusty Durango we added a piece of Dusty Durango 1/2" Polka Dot Ribbon (115609) to the card with the Polka Dots facing the card stock.
The linen image is created using Glossy White Card Stock (102599) and a sanding block (103301). To create the linen background you first sand the glossy white paper in one direction with the sanding block then you sand again at a 90 degree angle to the first sanding. Wipe off all the excess sanding dust and then proceed to the next step. For the next step you need a craft ink pad or spot. I used Creamy Caramel Craft Ink (103034) and a Stamping Sponge (101610). You ink up the sponge with the craft ink and rub it over the sanded glossy white card stock. The craft ink will settle into the sanded places on the card stock and after you buff away the excess you have a faux linen look. We used the flowers from the One of a Kind Stamp Set (113624) in Dusty Durango Classic Ink (115654) , Not Quite Navy Classic Ink (103008) and Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink (100814) to stamp the flowers on the faux linen paper. We set this aside to dry and moved on to our sentiment. The Wonderful was stamped with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink and the Friend was stamped on a piece of scrap Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650) in Dusty Durango Classic Ink then punched out with the Small Oval Punch (107304). Both the wonderful and friend are from the Wonderful Favorites Stamp Set (115114). After layering the Wonderful on a piece of Tempting Turquoise Card Stock (102067) it was mounted to the card using dimensionals the friend was also added with dimensionals. I decided the upper right hand corner needed something but I wanted it to be subtle so I went with a Photo Corner Punch (109042) in Not Quite Navy that I added some dry embossing and there you have the finished card. I hope you enjoyed learning how to faux linen. It really is an easy technique and adds that extra something to a card. Try it with a different color of craft ink and let me know what you think.
I also got all the paper cut for the paper share yesterday so if you took part in that please contact me and we will work out delivery. I am off to spend the day with my family, hope you get to do the same. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: