Thursday, July 30, 2009

Red, White and Suede?

Good morning, did you think I had left and forgot to tell you? I have been crazy busy trying to get ready for convention and preparing all my swaps. I am so excited to be going and even more excited to share all the great swaps with you that I receive when I get back. For those of you that are local, I will be holding a convention night after I get back to share it all with you!
After working for several days on various cards I finally decided that I had to do some fun stamping. I had just received the Medallion Background Stamp (115223) in a order this week and have been anxious to ink it up! I decided to go with a patriotic theme and also try out the new Soft Suede In Color. I haven't used this color much but I have been wanting too. The card is pretty simple and would be great if you have a lot of thank you cards you would like to make or even thinking of you, birthday or just any other sentiment. Now for the recipe. The base is Soft Suede Card Stock (115318), then a layer of Real Red Card Stock (102482). The Medallion Background is stamped twice on Confetti White Card Stock (102028) once in Soft Suede Classic Ink (115657) and then again after cleaning the stamp in Brocade Blue Classic Ink (100907). I punched out the center of the Brocade Blue Image with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004) and layered that on the Soft Suede Image. I used a Square Red Fire Rhinestone Brad (109112) in the center of the image to add a little extra bling. The sentiment is the Elegant Thank You Stamp (114484) and I just simply inked up the Thank you with the Brocade Blue Stampin' Write Marker (100064) and lined the image up with the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) and stamped it exactly where I wanted it. There you have the finished card, very simple yet special.
Next week I will be gone most of the week but never fear I will be prewriting my post so you have something new to see. Most will be swap cards that I am saving until convention to show. Have a great day and thank you for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: