Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Same Supplies Different Layout

Good afternoon, today I am going to share two cards with you that use the same supplies (different colors) but have two different layouts. Usually when I have a Card Class such as a Stamp A Stack all the cards look the same, but recently a customer asked if I could help her with some card designs using the Loads of Love Stamp Set (115022) and after working on one card I thought it would be fun to try and make a second card using the same supplies only change the layout. She had requested birthday cards for both boys and girls. We also discussed colors and some things she liked about certain cards in the catalog. I do this at Christmas time with my customers to help them design their Christmas cards too. The first card uses Pretty in Pink Card Stock (100459) as the base and also for the punched out flowers which are done with the Trio Flower Punch (109183). The Truck is stamped on Whisper White Card Stock ( 100730) and watercolored in with the Aquapainter (103954) and the Soft Subtle Watercolor Wonder Crayons (106697) and Neutral Watercolor Wonder Crayons (106746). I layered the truck image on a piece of Certainly Celery Card Stock (105125). I scalloped one edge of the Certainly Celery Card Stock (105125) with the Scallop Edge Punch(112091). I used a Strip of Tea Party Designer Series Paper (113992) down the side and a piece of Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109032) was knotted on the Tea Party DSP. Before I added the truck layer to the card I used the Paper-Piercing Tool (116631) and the Mat Pack (105826) to add the Punched Flowers and then the Silver Brads (104336) This hides the brad backs behind the Certainly Celery Layer and makes the card look more finished. The Happy Birthday was stamped with Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad (109120) and is from the Tiny Teeny Wishes Stamp Set (115370).

The second card uses the same supplies except the base is Almost Amethyst Card Stock (102158) and I used Pretty in Pink Card Stock behind the truck image. The ribbon was changed to Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109025). I really like both cards and it is an easy way to get to cards that look similar but yet not the same from the same supplies. This is really nice if the cards you make are going to the same family at different times of the year.
Tonight we will be having or First Stamp Club of this catalog period and I am looking forward to showing the ladies some new items from the catalog. I will be showing you the projects we are doing tonight later in the week so be sure and stop by again to take a look. If you see a project you would like to try contact me and we can set up a workshop for you and your friends. My workshops are totally hands on and everyone there will get to make two items to keep. Thank you for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: