Monday, July 27, 2009

Inspired by the weekend!

Wow what a great weekend! We had two family reunions this weekend and both were so much fun! We spent Saturday at Monkey Cove. The kids loved it and we definitely got our money's worth on just the slide alone. One of my DS went down 51 times. After that we cleaned up and went out to dinner with all the family. Now if my count is correct and I may be off a few there were 66 family members and that is just my Grandparent's kids, grandkids and great grandkids. It was fun to spent time with so many of them and I have to thank my aunt and uncle for all the time and planning that went into the reunion.
Then on Sunday after church it was off to Big Lake for another family reunion. This time for my mom's side of the family. We had a great turn out for this one as well with over 60 people attending. The kids had a blast with water games including baseball with the home plate being a kiddie pool filled with water. Good thing they all brought a change of clothes. Now you maybe wondering what does all that have to do with stamping? Well, I honestly didn't plan on having a card this early in the morning but something inspired me and I just couldn't resist. As I was cleaning up from yesterday I opened one of my White Elephant gifts and it hit me that this would make a great card. First I am going to show you the Inspiration Piece then the card. Now remember that it doesn't have to look exactly like the inspiration piece, you just find something that inspires you to create.

My piece is a candle holder and I quickly jotted down that I wanted to use So Saffron,
Almost Amethyst and Old Olive, not the exact colors of the piece but the colors I liked. I also wanted to use the new Stampin' Up! Perfect Details Texturz Plate (115962). I played around with different ways to use the plate but finally decided that I liked it best in Old Olive with the textured areas highlighted with the White Uni-ball Sign Gel Pen (105021). Now this did take some time but I think the result it well worth it. The flowers which really remind me of the pansies on the inspiration piece are the Big Shot Stampin' Up! Simple Flower Embosslit Die (114514) The embosslit dies not only emboss but they also cut out the image all in one step. They cut through card stock as well as designer series paper. I sponged the edges of the flowers with Whisper White Craft Ink (101731) and added a 5/16' White Brad (112534) to the center of each. The Old Olive leaves are cut using the Stampin' Up! Little Leaves Sizzlit Die (114511). I sponged the edges of the leaves with Old Olive Classic Ink (102277) just to give a little contrast to the background. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set (115370) and is stamped in Old Olive Classic Ink on Whisper White Card Stock (100730) and punched out with the Modern Label Punch (116630). The base of the card stock is Almost Amethyst Card Stock (102282) and a So Saffron Card Stock (105118) mat was added between the Old Olive Card Stock and the base.
I hope you enjoyed your inspired by card today. Look around and see what inspires you today and let me know. I will be back later this morning with the Deal of the Week for week #5. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: