Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gnome Lovin'?

Good morning, I feel like today's post title should be Waiting on the Sun. We have had several rainy days here and it makes it very hard to take pictures so I wait. In the mean time I will share with you a couple of cards I made. A while back I received the Gnome Sweet Gnome Stamp Set free but it just sat and sat. I really like to use my stamp sets and decided I was going to ink it up and give it a try even if it really wasn't a set that spoke to me. Well I am still struggling with the set so I opted for 3x3 cards so that there was less space to fill. I am going to continue to try this set out and see what else I can come up with but in the mean time I hope you enjoy these little cards that I have for you today. First card is the man gnome. I added the latern in his hand and the inside of this card says "you light up my lawn" The colors are Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade and Very Vanilla for Card Stock and Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Chocolate Chip and Blush Blossom that I colored the image with using Blender Pen and Classic Ink Pads. I also used the Framelits Labels Dies to cut out the image and the Poppy Parade behind the image.




The second card is even simplier with just Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla Card Stock. The ribbon is from the Sale-a-bration brochure and is only available until March 31st. It is 1/8" Organdy Ribbon and you get two spools one of Lucky Limeade and one of Calypso Coral for placing a $50 order. I used markers to color this image and used the following colors: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Peach Parfait, Early Espresso and Blush Blossom. The inside of this card has the sentiment "to gnome you is to love you" from the Gnomenclature Stamp Set that has extra Gnome sentiments to expand your Gnome Sweet Gnome Set. I hope to this set some more time later but for know I am going to work on a blog hop challenge for the upcoming April 5th Blog Hop that I will be participating in. Make sure and mark your calendars as you won't want to miss the projects that everyone shares. Thanks for stopping by today and as always have a great day, Tonya




No comments: