Thursday, March 15, 2012

Catalog Case Part 1

Good morning, it is a beautiful day and Spring in the air, so with that in mind I am in a Spring mood with my cards right now. The card I have for you today is one we did at Stamp Club last night and it uses fun Spring like colors and flowers. The colors are Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White. We used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to add texture to the base of the card and the 3 1/2" Circle Die to add the Lucky Limeade circle to the card. The Flowers were punched out with the Boho Blossoms (Whisper White) and the new Blossom Punch (Wisteria Wonder) . They were layered together then we added a Lucky Limeade Polka Dot Brad to the center. I really like the Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper that we added to this card and need to use it more. The sentiment is from Bring On the Cake Stamp Set which is a must have stamp set for Birthdays. We used Early Espresso for stamping. Before we added the Calypso Coral Bakers Twine we added just a bit of detail along the bottom edge of the Whisper White with the Paper Piercing Tool and the Mat Pack. Now for the Case part, whenever I take a break from Stamping I find it hard to get back into the routine again and Sunday I decided to look through the catalog for a layout to case and found the card on page 73 which became this card. Imagine my surprise when I received my Stampin' Success (a magazine for Demonstrator ask me how you can get a copy too) on Monday and there was an article about CASEing the catalog. :) The catalog is a valuable resource that we sometimes forget to use to it's fullest potential. So I challenge you to pull out your catalog and find a card to CASE. If you do add a link to the comments so I can take a look at your creation too. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: