Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just a Bit More Spring!



Good morning! I found time to stamp again yesterday. I didn't realize how much I had been missing my stamping time until the last few days. I have been wanting to do the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique again for a while and the Easter Blossoms Stamp Set seemed like a great choice. It is a little hard to tell in the picture do to the lack of sun but the main panel is Glossy White Card Stock that has been lightly sponged with Shimmer Paint then sponged with Baja Breeze Classic Ink before I stamped and watercolored it. The buds were colored with Regal Rose Classic Ink and the Aquapainter. The base is also Regal Rose and I had a piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock setting on my table that I had texturized with the Square Lattice Impressions Embossing Folder but had not used on a card yet, I cut it down to add behind the main image and it looks like a piece of canvas fabric. I didn't add a sentiment yet since I wasn't sure what I would be using this card for but will add one before I send it. Perhaps a Birthday or a thinking of you. I really like how it appears to be the sky behind the trees. This set is part of the Occasions Mini so please don't hesitate to make your purchase before the end of the month if you love this set as much as I do. I would love for it to find its way into the new catalog in July but you can never tell which sets will make it. Thanks for stopping by today and come back tomorrow when I have a new technique to share with you. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: