Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Springtime Butterfly!




Good morning! I am so excited to share this card with you! I really love how it turned out and since I didn't have a plan when I started the card it makes it even better. The dimensional butterflies have been popping up on several blog and Stampin' Connections. I am not sure who the original idea came from but if it was yours Thank You!
The butterflies are kind of small to stand alone but on the front of a card they are perfect. I used a base of Crumb Cake left over from yesterday's card then added a layer of the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Mini. I added a second print from the same DSP pack and a Not Quite Navy piece of Card Stock that has been edge punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. I added the Very Vanilla Seam Binding and added the Fabulous Friend sentiment from the Oval All Stamp Set. I stamped on Very Vanilla Card Stock in Basic Gray before coloring with the Baja Breeze Classic Ink Pad and the Aquapainter. I used the Scallop Oval Punch and the 1 3/4"x 7/8" Oval Punch on the sentiment. The butterfly was made with Baja Breeze Card Stock, the Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. The front butterfly had texture added with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. To add some contrast to the butterfly I sponged the raised areas with the Not Quite Navy Classic Ink Pad and a Sponge Dauber, then spritzed it with Shimmer Mist for some extra shine. Basic Pearls were added to the center of the butterflies body and he was attached to the front of the card. He lays flat to mail and then pops up for display purposes. I am trying to decide who to send this card to as it needs to be mailed and enjoyed by others. Remember that the Occasions Mini ends on April 30 so don't forget to place your order so you can make this card for yourself. Give me a call and I will be happy to help you. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to get some more stamping done today and keep the Mojo flowing. It seems if I take a few days off it is hard to get back into a routine so no days off for a while. :) Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: