Thursday, April 28, 2011

Watercolor and Embossing Fun!



Good morning! I few days ago I came across this great card by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek and I just had to give the technique a try. Thanks, Lyssa! I didn't have the new Embossing Folder that Lyssa used yet so I decided to pull out one of my favorite but sadly neglected folders Manhattan Flowers. I used Whisper White Card Stock and then colored the roses with the Regal Rose and Rose Red Watercolor Crayons. To soften the look I used the Aquapainter and smoothed out the coloring and did some blending. It is a little darker than it appears in the picture but the overcast days have made it hard to take pictures. The Just for You is from the Level 1 Afterthoughts which you can earn when you host a workshop. I decided the card didn't need any other embellishments and just added a layer of Old Olive Card Stock and then a Regal Rose Card Stock base. This card is ready to mail for any occasion and it is easy enough to make several of them just to have on hand. I think I will play around with some other colors and see which color of roses I like the best. Any suggestions for the roses? Let me know. Well, that is it for today. I have another busy day and evening planned with both a track meet and a baseball game this evening. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: