Monday, August 31, 2009

Christmas Time!

Happy Monday Morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was fantastic. We had fun at the Street Fair and the fireworks were great. My kids got to spend the day with their cousins and my cousins' kids which when you get them together you never know what they will come up with. It keeps us all on our toes. Enough about my weekend though, today I am going to share two Christmas cards with you. When the new catalog came out I feel in love with the Tree Trimmings Stamp Set (116722) and was thrilled when I found out that we would be receiving it at Convention. I have been playing around with the set and the above card is a result of that. It is a pretty simple card but all the ornaments are cut out which takes a little bit of time. The base of the card is Real Red Card Stock (102482) and I added a layer of Shimmery White Card Stock (101910). I started by stamping the sentiment across the bottom of the Shimmery White Card Stock. I used the Heard from the Heart Stamp Set (111644) and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad (100908), then I used the same ink to stamp the ornament strings at various heights across the top of the card. I stamped five ornaments in either Real Red (103133), Old Olive (102277) or Garden Green (102272) Classic Ink and cut them out. I attached them to the card with dimensionals. To finish off the card and to hide the ends of the ornaments strings I added Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon (109065) across the top of the card.
The second card is one that we did at convention and uses the same set. It is a one layer card with a base of Kraft Card Stock (102125). It also uses another new set that we received at convention which is Sweet Season (116471). This is a cute set that makes great tags for gifts. We again cut out the ornaments after stamping them. On the Garden Green Ornament we added a Rhinestone Brad (113144). I love the new Real Red 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115608). I expect to use it on a lot of my Christmas Projects, the polka-dots just make is so festive.
Of course all supplies for the two cards are available from Stampin'Up! that you can purchase directly from me. If you are interested in making your own Christmas cards but don't know where to start please contact me as I am more than happy to help you with designing, cutting and so much more!
Just a reminder that tomorrow the new Holiday Mini will be available for you to see and purchase out of. We have been told that the mailings went out a little late for our area so if you do not receive it by tomorrow know that they are still coming. Also it will be available to view online and I will have a link on my website as soon as it is available. I love the new mini and can't wait to show you more great Stampin'Up! products from it. Also the Hostess Special that they announced at convention will start tomorrow. If you don't remember the details any hostess that has a workshop total of $250 or more will be able to buy one item (excluding the My Digital Studio and hostess sets) from the Holiday Mini for only $10. Now to make the offer even better after My Digital Studio is released (we don't have an exact date on this yet) if your workshop is $400 or more then you can buy the My Digital Studio for only $39.97 and also one item for only $10. This is a fantastic offer but it is only good for people hosting a workshop and it is only thru November. I still have some dates available but my calendar is filling quickly. If you are interested please contact me. Thank you for stopping by today and have a great Monday! Tonya

No comments: