Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Loads of Love!

Good morning everyone! What a beautiful day we are having here. I got a walk in with a great friend after I took the kids to school and still have time to post a few cards before I pick them up. We have short days the first week which is nice to help get the kids back into school mode. The cards I am sharing today are ones that we did last week at my card class on Watercoloring that I had a request for. The set we used is one that I have had for a very long time. I know that I have had it at least four years, but this year they added a new accessories set that matches it and I have rediscoverd this set. The set is Loads of Love (115022), Loads of Love Accessories (115024) and the new Loads of Fun (115197). The first two are great by themselves but add the Loads of Fun and the options are endless. These sets are great for all holidays as the Accessories set has packages, moving boxes, Easter Eggs, Pumpkins, and dogs to add to the back of the truck. The Loads of Love set has a Christmas tree, flowers and hearts all with matching sentiments. So with just two sets you could cover all your card needs. It is also a great set to watercolor with which is just what we did. The top card uses Bashful Blue Card Stock as the base and then a layer of Real Red Card Stock. I used just a strip of Crushed Curry Patterns Designer Series Paper (115686). We also stamped Birthday Packages randomly all over the Real Red Card Stock with Versamark Ink. The packages is from the Family Accessories Set (113494) and the sentiment is from the Family Phrases Set (114960) which are both part of the Just for Kids' and the Kid in you promotion. If you spend $35 from the Growing Up Section of our catalog you will receive a free package of Designer Buttons (a $7.95 value) for free. Everyone got to watercolor their truck as they wanted and I should have taken some pictures because the cards turned out great!

The last card was a bonus card and we only did one instead of the three like the other card. This card involved stamping the truck, then the trailer and recreational vehicle of there choice with help of the Stamp-a-ma-jig. We then masking the truck, trailer and in this case the four wheeler so that the sun, clouds and ground could be added. After everything was sponged we removed the mask and watercolored the images. The sentiment was added to the clouds last. If you have never done masking before it is simply covering part of an image to allow you to stamp something else or even sponge without changing your original image. I use post it notes to stamp the image I want masked then cut it out with our Paper Snip Scissors, after I have used the mask I place it inside my stamp set box for it to be used again later. No reason to cut out your images again. If you have any questions about masking please leave me a comment and I will be happy to take some pictures to better explain it.
I am off to do a few more projects before the kids come home and I get to hear about their second day. Hope you have a great day and thank you for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: