Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Halloween!


Halloween will soon be here and of course I want to get a head start on ideas so today I am sharing a card I made over the weekend. This card uses a new set from the 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog. I had a general idea in mind for the card and I wanted to also use the Cast-a-Spell Designer Series Paper. The paper is a little hard to see because I used a technique called Emboss Resist on Designer Paper. Here is how it works. You stamp your image with versamark on your designer series paper and then use clear embossing powder and emboss the image. After you have embossed you sponge classic ink over the entire sheet. After sponging you can then take a paper towel and wipe the excess ink off the embossed image letting the original designer series paper pattern show through. I used the bat from the Scary Skeleton Stamp Set(113244) as my embossed image. The skeleton is from the same set and he is embossed with white embossing powder and versamark. The sentiment is also from the set. The base of the card is Perfect Plum and then the layer of Cast-a-spell designer series paper. I also used Basic Black card stock and Whisper White card stock. The ribbon is 5/8" Satin Whisper White Ribbon. I like how it pops on this card. There you have my first Halloween of this year. Be sure and check back as I will be making more Halloween projects. Now that baseball season has started again I will not have as many free evenings but I will be posting as often as I can. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: