Thursday, August 27, 2009

Build-A-Bear

Hello! Sorry it has been a couple of days since I posted last. I have been busy creating new cards to show you and with baseball there hasn't been a good time to post. But I will make up for that today by showing you two cards from a couple of sets that will be available for purchase on September 1st, which is of course just next week! If you haven't heard Stampin'Up! has partnered with Build-a-Bear to make exclusive stamp sets, Sizzix Dies and Designer Series Paper available to you. I have been anxious to ink up these stamp sets for a couple of week and after making three Christmas cards I decided to move onto these cute Bears. The stamp sets are Beary Best Friends (118052) and Beary Nice Wishes (118050). I kept the cards simple because of a project I have coming up in October that will have new stampers at it and also because as cute as these bears are they don't require alot of extras.

Both the girl bear and the boy bear are stamped on Watercolor Paper (105019) as are the sentiments. Using the Watercolor Paper allows your color to blend and spread more easily across your image. I used the Aquapainter and Classic Ink to do my watercoloring. I used colors from the Tall Tales Designer Series Paper (115678) which include Brilliant Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Rose Red. The little girl's card has a striped background that is from the Tall Tales Designer Series Paper. I also added a faux Ric-a-rack on the side by using the Scallop Edge Punch (112091) and lining one side off from the first. This is a great way to give the look of ribbon when you don't have ribbon in a style or color. The little Rose Red Flower is punched out with the Trio Flower Punch (109183). I added a silver brad and attached it to the sentiment.
On the little boy's card I added random punched out circle in Brilliant Blue that matches the card. This just adds dimension. Both would make great cards for the children in your life. If you are interested in having a workshop or class using these cards let me know. If you would like to purchase these lets you can purchase them from September 1- January 4.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the cards as much as I enjoyed making them. Tonya

No comments: