Friday, August 14, 2009

Thank you!




Tonight I will be holding a class that features the Loads of Love Stamp Set, Watercoloring and the Aquapainter. I had a request for these items and that the cards be kids' birthday cards. Did you know that I work with each of my hostesses to insure that their workshop or class is just what they want and will enjoy. As a thank you for having me do the class I am giving the hostess six handmade cards that I made using a couple of retired sets that she owns and needed ideas for. If you would like to receive a hostess thank you from me all you have to do is book and hold a workshop or class. I have some dates available in September and would love to share my love of stamping with you and your friends.

Now onto the cards. All three of the cards feature the Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper (113976). Now I will admit that this designer series paper is a little brighter than I would usually use but since I got back from Convention I have been on a Bold Bright kick. The first card has a base of Summer Sun Card Stock (103124) and also a little Tempting Turquoise Card Stock (102067). I used the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to ink up just the Thank You from the Elegant Thank You (114484) which is only $6.95. What a great price for a stamp that you will get a lot of use out of. I added a piece of the 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon in Real Red turning the ribbon so that the polka-dots are inside the knot. The next two cards are simple but elegant with a base of Whisper White Card Stock and a little Designer Series Paper. The Thank you is again the Elegant Thank You and the Monogram Card uses my favorite alphabet set Lovely Letters (115030). I added a few punch outs behind the sentiment and J to add a little more focus to them.

I am going to keep the other three cards a secret at least for now and hope that she doesn't check my blog before she comes over this evening. I really hope that she enjoys getting the cards.

I received some new Holiday Mini Sneak Peak items today and hope to get to play with them some time over the next week. I am anxious to try out the new Build-a-Bear Stamp Set and hold a workshop using these sets. I think a mother/child workshop or class would be a blast! Thank you for stopping by today, I appreciate that you take the time to do so. Have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: