Tuesday, September 3, 2013

White Washed Butterfly

Hello and welcome back. I hope you stopped by yesterday to see the Color Challenge Card I shared with you but if not just scroll down and take a peak. I was going to use this card for the color challenge then changed my mind so I thought I would share it today. The colors are once again Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Basic Gray. I decided to try the White Washing Technique on Basic Gray Card Stock instead of the lighter Crumb Cake or Sahara Sand. I used the Swallowtail Stamp and the sentiment is from the Regarding Dahlias Stamp Set that I had out from a previous class. The butterfly is embossed with the Whisper White Embossing Powder and the Heat Gun then I used the Whisper White Craft Ink to color in the gray area before letting it dry and recoloring it with the Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry Ink. I sponged just a bit of Whisper White Craft Ink around the edges of the Basic Gray just to soften it a bit and added the sentiment with Dimensionals. The Rhinestones add just a bit of bling and help finish off this simple card. If you have any questions about this card or any of my cards please don't hesitate to ask. I am always happy to help. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Tonya

No comments: