Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Undefined XC



Hello and welcome to our Undefined Blog post. When Stampin'UP! announced at Convention that we were going to have a new way to carve our own Stamps I was excited to start. I had great ideas on what I wanted to carve but thus far I have only done this one stamp which is for my kids Cross Country Team. They are going with a Superman inspired tshirt theme this year and I wanted to have a stamp that I could make them cards with. I thought I would make this one to give to my son who will be running on Thursday. I needed it to be simple yet get the superman point across. I made the Pacific Point Cape like piece to go behind the XC emblem which is Real Red Ink stamped on Daffodil Delight Card Stock and then I added just a bit of Silver Glimmer Paper. I added 1/8" Mini Brads to the top corners of the Pacific Point and paper pierced around the bottom edges for just a bit more detail. I used the Argyle Embossing Folder on the Real Red Background and my daughter pointed out that the argyle look like flying people. Maybe that is a stretch but if my son wants to fly around the course that is great. I need to make a pair of running shoes next but that will have to wait for another day. Let me know what you would carve and maybe I will do that stamp next. I am always looking for a new idea. Thanks for stopping by and if you haven't check out the other cards be sure and head over to our SS INKspiration Blog. The ladies have done a great job. Tonya

1 comment:

brrenwick said...

Great stamp! I too want to carve some running shoes with mine...we'll have to compare!