Thursday, June 6, 2013

Epic Day 2

Hello, I can't believe that it is Thursday all ready. The week is flying by but I guess that is what happens when you are busy with fun activities. Yesterday I showed you a card that used the Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper and the Label Love Stamp Set and told you I had a second card to share with you that used the same supplies. Well, this is the card. I often cut extras when I am having an event and I like to revamp the card with the leftover supplies. So lets start with the base of the card, it is Pool Party and I added just a bit of texture with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder. I have a trick to just add it on the side that I will share with you later. Then I used the Crumb Cake and the Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper to cut out the dress and the dress form from the Dress Up Framelits Set. I attached the dress to the form and then added Daffodil Delight Seam Binding around the waist and then a flower. If you have a new catalog you might have noticed the Simply Pressed Clay and Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds on page 167. The flower on the dress is made with the mold and clay. They are super easy to make and you can do any color that you want. I made this flower with just plain white clay then after it has dried I used the Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker to color it and because I wanted just a bit more bling I used Two Way Glue and Dazzling Diamonds to make is sparkle. I attached the flower with our Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Now you might be surprised to find out that the Gumball Green Polka Dot Designer Paper is actually the same piece of Designer Paper that I cut the Chevron Dress out off. Because our Designer Paper is double sided I decided to just flip the leftover piece over and simple add the dress and frame back in the hole made when I cut the dress out. I did use dimensionals to pop up the dress but really you have to really look to tell that there is an empty space behind it. One great way to save paper. The sentiment was stamped with Gumball Green just like yesterday and punched out with the Artisan Label Punch and now I have yet another card ready to send. So do you prefer today or yesterday's card? I like them both since the styles are quite different. Please let me know if you would like to make a card similar to this one and we can set up a private class. I have new goodies coming tomorrow so hopefully I will get to stamp over the weekend and have a lot of new things to share. I will have another project for you tomorrow so please stop by again. Thanks, Tonya

No comments: