Thursday, April 18, 2013

Swallowtail Butterfly


Hello and welcome back. I took a few days off from blogging but not from creating. I have two cards to share with you today and while they are both similar I wanted to show you just how you can change a few things like color and sentiment and make the card look new and different. The stamp set that I started with is the Swallowtail Stamp that is in the Spring Catalog. I wasn't going to get this stamp when I first saw it then over time and with the help of my fellow demonstrators showing off their samples I decided I would add it to my collection. I am really glad that I did. As you can see by the cards this is a big stamp. The sentiments are from Bring on the Cake and Wonderful Mother. Let's start with the Mother's Day Card. I used Pool Party and Island Indigo for my colors with Whisper White of course. I inked up the Swallowtail with my Versamark Pad and then added the Pool Party Embossing Powder. I used a Sponge to add Island Indigo Ink over the top of the Swallowtail (I will use a Sponge Dauber next time for better control) to make it really stand out and pop. The sentiment was also stamped with the Island Indigo Pad and then punched out with the Large Oval Punch and backed with a Scallop Oval Punch. I added just a bit of Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon that I added a knot to and the card is finished.

The second card I decided to change up the colors a bit and went with Sahara Sand for the base with Pretty In Pink (Retiring soon) and Melon Mambo. I decided to use my Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad to see if the shimmer in it would show through the embossing. I didn't really notice a difference but after I embossed the Swallowtail with the Melon Mambo Embossing Powder I did sponge the image with the Illuminate Pad again to give all the areas not embossed a shimmery effect. I added the sentiment which was also embossed and flagged the end. I wanted just a bit of accent so I punched out Pretty In Pink flowers using the Boho Blossoms Punch and added a Large Pearl Basic Jewel to the top after I stacked the three sizes. Well, that is it for today. I hope you enjoyed the Swallowtail Stamp and if you want to order yours don't wait. Call me today or you can order online. I am going to play with this stamp some more as I still have a few ideas for cards but for now have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Tonya

No comments: