Monday, April 29, 2013

Bye-Bye Elements of Style

Good morning, I am working on some retiring stamp set projects for later in the week but while you wait I thought I would share a few more swaps that I have received that are retiring. I don't know who made either of these as there are no names but if you made either please let me know and I will add your name. Both use the Elements of Style Stamp Set. I really like this set and have had so much fun colors it and doing different techniques with it. I have used it on tile and cards and scrapbook pages. It really is a great set. The first card uses a fun technique that I haven't tried. The main panel is stamped with the image that has been colored with markers then cut apart, sponged and reassembled to make it look like an amazing tile wall. There is a some shimmer added with Shimmer Paint (which is retiring also) and then the sentiment is added. The base color is Soft Suede with Very Vanilla.
 
The second card as a few retired products on it but I will focus on the stamp set for today. The image is stamped in the oval with Baja Breeze Ink (retiring) and then the hummingbird is cut out after it was stamped. The sentiment is from a different stamp set but any sentiment will do on this card. The embossing folder that was used on the scallop oval is Vintage Wallpaper and is my go to embossing folder and it is retiring. :-( I am going to miss that folder. If you haven't ordered the Elements of Style Stamp Set or the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder I highly recommend that you do. If you have any questions about the cards let me know and I will be happy to answer them as I have left some supplies off. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day! Tonya

No comments: