Thursday, January 9, 2014

January Blog Hop



Thank you so much for joining us for our January Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop!  Love is in the air and our talented group of design team members have a Whole Lotta Love Goin' On as we are excited to be sharing some NEW Occasions Catalog goodies and some Valentine's Day projects with you this month!

As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog!  We are always excited to hear from our followers!

You should have just left stop number (15) on the Stylin’ Stampin’ Squad  blog hop – (Jennifer B of NW Stamper). If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn’t work or you get off track, you will find  the full blog hop lineup below

I am so glad you stopped by today. This is what I refer to as Birthday week at our house. Today just happens to be my oldest son's 16th Birthday and Saturday is my youngest son's 10th Birthday. So since we have so many Birthdays I thought a Birthday card and a cake topper using some of the new Occasions Products would be perfect to share with you. The topper is made with the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper and the banners are cut with the new Banners Framelits Dies. I used Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Basic Gray Card Stock also and added texture with the Big Shot and various embossing Folders. The Happy Birthday, bring on the cake are from the Bring on the Cake Stamp Set and were stamped on Whisper White Card Stock then punched out with the Wide Oval Punch and cut out with a Banner Framelit. I used the Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine that comes in Tag a Bag Accessory Kit. I will be adding this to the Birthday Cake for tonight. I will be sure and get a picture with it on the cake. 
For the card which is also for tonight I used the same colors but added a couple of new stamp sets. The arrows are from the Geometrical Stamp Set and were hand cut out. The Make a Wish is from the Perfect Pennants Stamp Set and was inked up with the Stampin' Write Markers before I cut it out with the Banner Framelits. I used the new Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on the Bermuda Bay Card Stock and once again I used Baker's Twine from the Tag A Bag Accessory Kit. I think it will be perfect for our Birthday Boy. 

Once again thanks for stopping by and be sure and head over to Heidi's Blog to see what she has to share with you. I hope you have a great day! Tonya


Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Anastasia R. of Stampin' Blondie 
  2. Cynthia R. of Ink-a-Doodle Creations
  3. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  4. Kathy P of Katrina P's Creative Corner 
  5. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  6. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
  7. Darla R. & Nancy K. of Stampin With Darla and Sisters 
  8. Jamie H. of Unique Ink
  9. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  10. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  11. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  12. Bree R. of Craft-Somnia 
  13. Kristina M. of Mama's Sanity
  14. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  15. Jennifer B. of NW Stamper
  16. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  17. Heidi B. of Stuck on Stampin'

9 comments:

Stampin Dj said...

Great projects! Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia said...

Tonya, I love your card. So fun. I like how you used two twines together!

brrenwick said...

Love the cake topper idea!!! Both the topper and card are fabulous...love the colors and texture from the embossing folders!

vanessa said...

I love your banner and card! Such great colors!

vanessa said...

I love your banner and card! The colors are great!

vanessa said...

I love your banner and card!

Jamie Hurley said...

What a GREAT idea! Will have to think of that when I make my husband's cake TODAY! Thanks for the great idea!

Jamie Hurley said...

I love this idea! Thank you, as I make my husband's cake today, I think I may do this!

Diana Eichfeld said...

Cute projects, love the cake banner idea. Happy birthday to all the guys in your house!