Wednesday, May 15, 2013

For a Special Graduate

Good evening, May means graduations and we have several this month and I have been busy making cards for them. Today's card is for a special young man who is graduating soon from high school. I did use a retired color as it matches our school colors best but of course any color will work on this card. The stamp set is Pure Gumption and it will be in the upcoming catalog as well as being in the current one. I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Brilliant Blue (sorry it is retired). I stamped the sentiment and the cap with Jet Black Stazon. I used the Oval Framelits Collection Dies to cut out the sentiment and then cut the cap out with the Paper Snips after I had colored it with the Aquapainter. The Labels Collection Framelit Die is the perfect mat for the Whisper White and I cut it out of Basic Black. To make the diploma I simple rolled Whisper White Card Stock and tied Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon around it to hold it closed. This was attached to the card with Glue Dots. I added Basic Jewels that were colored black with a permanent marker under the graduate to draw attention to it. I did stamp the inside but forgot to take a picture before I gave it away. This is a great set to have for all your graduation cards and with several sentiments it has plenty of options. I am going to keep this short again tonight as I have another card to make before I call it a day. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Tonya

No comments: