Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Bit of the Old and a Bit of New

Good morning, today I wanted to share with you a Mother's Day Card I made last week for my mom. It uses a  couple of new colors that will be introduced in the new catalog. The base of the card is Crisp Cantaloupe which is a new In Color and I did the sponging on the card with Baked Brown Sugar which is another In Color. The Stamp Sets are Blooming with Kindness and Wonderful Mother (which is retiring). The Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder that I used for the card base is also retiring. I will miss this folder as it is one of my favorite ones to demonstrate and share. The flower was inked with the Crisp Cantaloupe, Old Olive and Calypso Coral and stamped on Whisper White Card Stock. I used the Ovals Framelits Collection to cut it out and then layered it with a Labels Collection Framelit that is Soft Suede. For just a bit more detail I pierced the Label Framelit with the Festive Paper Piercing Pack. I need to use my piercing guides more and Stampin'Up! just shared a great idea with us this week so watch for more ideas. The sentiment was punched out with a circle punch and added to the front. I stamped the inside with the rest of the Wonderful Mother Stamp Set and the card was ready for mom. If you need a great Mother's Day Stamp Set I would really recommend the Wonderful Mother and since it is retiring you don't want to wait to long and miss out. Ok, got to go and get a few things done before I take my youngest to school and then run my daughter her contacts that see forgot. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! Tonya

No comments: