Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Quilt

Good morning! We have yet another snow day for the kids. At this rate they will be in school until June. Oh, well better to be safe than sorry and since it is still snowing home is fine by me. Today I have a fun Birthday card that I decided to make last week after all of our other cards were made. I love the Quilt idea and I had just used the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper on this  All Dressed UP card. So it seemed like a good combo for this Birthday Card. The stamp set is from the Best of Birthdays Stamp Set that is part of the 25th Anniversary Collection. I used a card base of Basic Gray and added some texture with the Sqaure Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The quilt panel was made much like yesterday's in that I started with a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and 1" Square Punch. Since I was setting my square on an angle I scored a light line down the center of the card stock so help me line up my squares. After I attached the squares I ran the panel through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I added Island Indigo Card Stock that had been punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch along both the top and bottom of the panel and attached some scrunched Baja Breeze Seam Binding before attaching it to the front of my card. The sentiment was stamped twice once with Basic Gray and once with Island Indigo. I punced out the Basic Gray sentiment with the Extra Large Oval Punch and hand cut out the Birthday to add with Dimensionals to the Basic Gray. I added it to the card with more Dimensionals then added the cute little dyed flower from the 5/8" Flower Trim. Now I just need to Birthday person to send it to. Since we are home bound today I am hoping to start on my Blog Hop projects to next week. It would be nice to be a head of schedule instead of rushing all the time. Maybe these last few snow days have been our catch up time and our chance to slow down for a while. I hope you are warm and dry where ever you are. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: