Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day and Thanks for stopping by! I am busy today preparing a Valentine's
Day Dinner for my family that has me making a heart shape cakes per my youngest son's request sort of a deal I made with him and he held up his end of the bargain so so am I. :-) Tuesday I had a class at our local library and this is one of the items we made. I just love the Candy Wrapper Die and since is cuts and scores all at once it really makes life easy. In addition we used the new More Amore Speciality Designer Series Paper to wrap around the container. The heart is made with the Primrose Petals Core'dinations Card Stock  and was cut out with the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits and then sanded.  A Basic Gray banner was made with the Big Shot and Bitty Banners Framelits which goes great with the Word Window Punch and the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set. So add just a few extra details to the candy wrapper we added Very Vanilla Seam Binding on each end to close our wrapper and one of the new Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim Flowers was added. I love these little flowers and will have a card to share with you tomorrow that has a flower that I colored with our Aquapainter and Stamp Pads. Funny story, while I was handing the flowers out at the library I managed to drop one in a cup of coffee that belongs to an attendee. After I fished it out I joked about how we could die them with coffee which of course you could. There are a lot of possiblities for these cute little flowers and I hope we see them carry over after the Spring Catalog has ended.
Well, I am off to decorate a cake and a few cupcakes too. Have a wonderful day! Tonya

No comments: