Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Valentine's Treats

Good afternoon! Now that Christmas is over it is time to start thinking about Valentine's Day. I know it is month's away it seems but if you are like me and like to help your children make all of their school Valentine's then early is always better. Another reason for today's Valentine's Treat is that this set is currently in the Holiday Mini which you can only buy from until January 4. When this set came out I just had to have it. I love the idea of adding a little treat in a person's card. Who wouldn't love a little chocolate with their card? Well the first card I made was a Halloween card and after making it a realized that you would have to tear apart the card to get to the treat. After making some one a card you really don't want them to have to destroy it. So on this Valentine Treat I modified the design a bit and you can get the candy out through a simple hole in the back. Let me give you the ingredients first: Rich Razzleberry Card Stock (115316), Soft Suede Card Stock (115318), Whisper White Card Stock (100730), Melon Mambo Textured Card Stock (115719), Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker, Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker, Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker (all the In Color Markers are together 116329), Sweet Centers Stamp Set (116521), Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set(115370), Sweet Treat Cups (116802), 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004), 1 3/8 Circle Punch (104401), Round Tab Punch (108340), Sticky Strip (104294) and SNAIL Adhesive.
Okay now back to the card. I made the base of the card a simple 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" card out of Rich Razzleberry Card Stock. Then I stamped the heart on Whisper White Card Stock. I inked up each area with the Stampin' Write Markers. Then I punched out the I heart U with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and put that part aside for later. I then used the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and repunched out the previous circle. After I had my Circle punched I added a layer of Soft Suede Card Stock behind the stamped image. Since I wanted the hole to go all the way though the front of the card. I simply traced the circle onto the Soft Suede and base of the card and cut it out with our Paper Snips. To assemble the card. I first added the Sweet Treat Cup to the Soft Suede Card Stock being careful to line it up with the circle opening. Then I used SNAIL and added the Whisper White Card Stock stamped layer on top of the Soft Suede. Next I added Sticky Strip to the top, bottom and left side of the back of the Soft Suede Card Stock. This left the right side open. Attach to the front of the card again being careful to line up the openings. Next I made the pull out piece that holds the candy in place. It is Rich Razzleberry Card Stock with the sentiment that we set aside earlier and a Round Tab Punch to allow you to pull and release the candy. I also added a little sentiment in Soft Suede on the Round Tab Punch just for a little extra detail. I haven't added candy yet but because of the design that isn't a problem because I can always add it later.
Don't forget to take a look through the Holiday Mini and the Dormant Stamp Sets that are retiring on January 4. I wouldn't want you to miss out and not get your order placed. Thank you for stopping by and I will be back soon with more new projects. Tonya

No comments: