Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snowflake Tiles

Hello, to all! One of my wonderful club ladies emailed me a questions about stamping on tiles and while I was thinking about her question I decided to just go ahead and stamp a few tiles myself. Now before I go into all the details I want to let you know that all three tiles are done just a little differently when it comes to techniques and supplies used.
The first tile on the left is one that I used the Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set. Sorry about using it so many days in a row but I just love the snowflakes in this set. They are so delicate and pretty. I love snowmen and snowflakes so this is a favorite set of mine. For the first tile I used the Frosted White Shimmer Paint and mixed Night of Navy and Brocade Blue Reinkers into the paint. This gives you a shimmer paint that is a little lighter than the reinker. The biggest snowflake is the Night of Navy just to give you a color comparison. I then used the Platinum Shimmer Paint to stamp the three small snowflakes. Because of the shimmer of the paint it is a little had to see the snowflakes but know that in person this has a lot of shimmer and is really quite pretty.
The second tile uses Craft Ink Pads in Night of Navy and Brocade Blue. I also used Silver Encore ink for the small snowflakes.I used the same color combo for the snowflakes as the first tile. The difference on this tile is that after I stamped it I poured Clear Embossing Powder over the Craft Ink then a baked this tile in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees. This embosses the Craft Ink onto the tile and sets it. It doesn't have the shimmer that the first tile has but it does show off the details of the stamp set a little better.

The final tile is definitely just for decorative purposes but it is my favorite of the three. I had leftover shimmer paint from the first tile and decided I would use a stencil and sponge the tile. The stencil was made using our Medium Window Sheets and the Snowflake #2 Big Shot Die. I then sponged the shimmer paint into the stencil adding the lightest color first then the darker around the edges. I also sponged the edges of the tile for a more finished look. The Season's Greetings was added with Platinum Shimmer Paint. I added a Half Pearl from the Pretties Kit with Crystal Effects and this tile is ready to display.
Sorry for not posting the item numbers, the kids are home from school again today and life is a little crazy. The supplies with the exception of the tiles are all from Stampin'Up! and if you are interested in placing an order contact me and I will help you with the items you need. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure and stop by tomorrow when Stampin'Up! starts it's 12 Days of Christmas Sale. As Demonstrators we don't even know what is going to be on sale until tomorrow. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Have a great day and stay warm! Tonya

No comments: