Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Branch Out

Good evening! After seeing the retiring list from the Dormant Sets I just knew I had to post this card today. It was inspired by I card I saw at Convention back in August. They used a different stamp set but the basic layout is the same. I started with a base of Real Red Card Stock (102482) and cut out the Whisper White Card Stock (100730) with the Top Note Die (113463). The Top Note die is one of my favorite Big Shot Dies and a must for everyone with a Big Shot. I then stamped Welcome Christmas Into Your Heart from the Heard from the Heart Stamp Set ((111644) in Real Red Classic Ink (103133) across the bottom of the Top Note. Then the fun begins. I used the Tree from the Branch Out Stamp Set (113200) which is only available until January 4 and inked up the base and limbs with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker (100071). I omitted the bottom ground area so that I could add snow instead. After I stamped the tree I inked up the Red bird with Real Red Classic Ink (103133) and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) to line the bird up just so on the tree branch. I then masked the tree and added snowflakes all around it in Bashful Blue Classic Ink (105209). To add a little sparkle I used 2 Way Glue and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on a few of the branches and the base of the tree. This gives the snowy, shimmer affect. The great thing about the Branch Out Stamp Set is that is comes with so many accessories for the tree. The Bird and Snowflakes are just two of the items. Since this set isn't in the catalog I have posted a picture of the set below so you can see all the stamps you have to work with.
As always thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions please leave me a comment and I will be happy to answer them. 'Til Next Time, Tonya
Branch Out Stamp Set #113200 $22.95

No comments: