Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Time to Slow Down!


Wow what a week it has been. First I am sorry for being absent this past week from my blog. I didn't intend to go so long between post but sometimes life has other ideas. I think the snow that we received today was God's way of telling me to slow down. Between school, kids activities and trips to the dentist I haven't had any free time to stamp. I was asked last week to do a class for a group of Girl Scouts for Christmas. I created two fun cards for the girls but also wanted something they could keep for themselves and use. I finally decided on a notepad and altered pen and as I was making it I thought it would be perfect if I had one too. You know for all the list that seem to go with Christmas. Shopping list, To Do list and things the kids might need for school. So today I made one just for me. I even added my first initial so that my kids didn't feel they could "borrow" it. I started with a 5x8 notebook (no spiral) and on the back I added a 5 1/2 x 8 1/4 piece of Real Red Card Stock. I added Sticky Strip to the top and bottom of the notebook for extra support. Then I added the Kraft Card Stock as the front cover. The Kraft Card Stock is 5 1/2 x 9 1/2 and is scored at 1", 1 1/4" and 2 1/4". I then stamped the snowflakes from Serene Snowflakes (available until Jan. 4) on the front with Craft Whisper White, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede. I brushed the sides of the card stock with more Craft Whisper White and then added it to my notebook. I added 1" Real Red Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon at the top of the notebook and a Real Red Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Chocolate Chip Circle and the Real Red "T" from the Lovely Letter Alphabet Stamp Set. The T was punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. So finish the project I used just a little scrap of Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper to decorate the inside of a ink pen.
Now I am ready to make all those list and keep everything in one location. Because of the winter weather that we are currently receiving I am cancelling Stamp Club for tonight. While I love to see everyone, it is just not worth the hazard of driving. I will be looking at dates to reschedule so that you can make the two projects. Also if you are wanting items for or by Christmas you need to place your order either online or by contacting me by Dec. 15. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: