Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shimmer Angel

Good morning, I finally got a chance to work on something new yesterday and today's card is what I created. I had made the embossed scallop oval (made with the Big Shot and Frame Scallop Oval Die (114521) and Stampin'Up! Textured Impressions Folder Petals-a-Plenty (116824), a few weeks ago and set it aside when it didn't fit the card that I was working on but yesterday I got is back out and decided to sponge the poinsettias Real Red and from there the card just moved right along. The inside oval seemed like the perfect place to have the Angel from the Holy Triptych Stamp Set (110370). I know I have mentioned it before but I really love this set. I stamped the angel in Basic Gray Classic Ink (109120) and watercolored her with Blush Blossom (102609), Real Red (103133), and So Saffron (105213) Classic Ink and the Aquapainter (103954). I also used an old Blender Pen (102845) and the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806) to paint her wings, and highlight her dress and hair. I stamped the Peace on Earth from Four the Holidays Stamp Set (116921) on Whisper White Card Stock (100730) with Gold Encore! Pad (101017). After the image dried, I mixed 70% Rubbing Alcohol and more Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and made a Shimmer Mister to spray over the Scallop Oval, the Whisper White Angel Oval and the Sentiment to add some extra shimmer and shine. It makes the card stock look like Shimmer Card Stock (101910) only with a gold sheen. The base of the card is Real Red Card Stock (102482) with a layer of Burshed Gold Card Stock (102935) that I texturized with the Stampin'Up! Perfect Details Texturz Plate (115962). The Scallop Oval was added to the card with Mini Glue Dots (103683) and the sentiment and Angel were added with Stampin' Dimensionals (104430). I really wish the shimmer showed up better on the picture but know that in person this card has a lot of shimmer. If you would like to make a Christmas card like this for your friends and family please stop by my Christmas Card Planning Night on Oct. 29 at 7pm. If you would like to make cards but that evening doesn't work contact me and we will work out a good time for you. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day, Tonya
I have added a second picture of the angel that I think shows the shimmer a little better. It does highlight the shimmer paint in her hair and dress more. Thanks again for stopping by.



No comments: