Monday, October 5, 2009

Autumn Days

Good morning, as I took my walk this morning it is easy to tell that Fall is here and what a perfect card to share with you on this fall day. The set is called Autumn Days (115452) and it caught my eye as soon as the catalog came out. I didn't look at it so much as a fall set but as rather a guys' set. I struggle with stamp sets to make cards for the men in my life. You know the ones, husband, father, brothers, maybe even uncles. I have plenty of flower sets and even sets for kids but for men I don't have as many so I finally purchased this set. I have been playing around with it for about a week but couldn't get quite the right look on the pheasant until I looked up pheasant online to get a more accurate color photo then my bird came out just like I wanted it to. This card is one that we did on Saturday for the Cards For the Troops and the kids did a great job on it. There were a couple of different techniques and they picked right up on them and had these cards done in no time.
I started with a More Mustard Card Stock Base (100946) and added the wheat stalks in More Mustard Classic Ink (103162) across the bottom. I used Confetti White Card Stock (102028) to stamp the Pheasant on. The Pheasant was inked with the Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker (116329) on his body, Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker (105113) on his head, More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker
(100076) on his feet then I thumped the More Mustard and Ruby Red (100075) Stampin' Write Markers across the chest to give the pheasant some variation. I lightly breathed on the image then stamped it on the card stock. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) and was inked with the Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker. Because we made 20 of this card the sentiments were changed on some to say Happy Thanksgiving and also Happy Father's Day. I sponged some More Mustard Classic Ink across the bottom of the Confetti White and then mounted it on a layer of Always Artichoke Card Stock (105119). This was then added to the front of the card with Dimensionals. You can purchase all the supplies to make this card through my Business Website or by contacting me.
I hope you enjoyed today's card. I am working on more fall projects but also starting on Christmas so I will probably alternate between the two on my post. What would you like to see? Leave me a comment and I will work on your suggestions. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya


No comments: