Thursday, October 22, 2009

Autumn Wreath

Good morning, what a rainy dreary day it is. The perfect day to stay inside and stamp! At least is seems so to me, now if I can just get some stamping done today. Yesterday I mentioned a fall card I was working on well I finished it and am going to share it with you today. Stampin'Up! is great about sharing ideas with us that fellow Demonstrators have discovered and today's card is one of those ideas. Barbara Goetz submitted a Christmas card using the Autumn Days set to make a wreath and after seeing it a decided to make one of my own but I went with fall colors and thought it would make a perfect Thanksgiving card. The card itself went together quickly and it has just enough detail to make it really stand out. I even used one of this weeks Deal of the Week 1/2" Library Clips. Now before I get to far into the card let me start at the base. I started with a base of Kraft Card Stock (102125), then I added strips of card stock in Chocolate Chip (102128), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Crushed Curry (115319) and Dusty Durango (115321). These were just cut in random widths and then the ends were cut at an angle and they were placed on the card. The main image is a Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650) that is cut in a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" square. I started with Soft Suede Classic Ink (115657) and stamped the berry image from Autumn Days Stamp Set (115452) four times making a square. Then I stamp the same image again with Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink (105216), but when I stamped the second time I rotated the card stock and stamped it at the corners of the square. This step was repeated two more times with the Crushed Curry (115659) and Dusty Durango (115654)Classic Ink each time stamping slightly off from the layer before. This makes a circle image. I finished off the wreath with a 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon (109030) bow and added it to the wreath with a Mini Glue Dot. The image was then added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I wanted to add a Happy Thanksgiving sentiment and I of course pulled out my Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set (115370). This set is an must for me as it has a sentiment for every occasion. If you haven't purchased this set I highly recommend that you do! I stamped Happy Thanksgiving in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink (100908) on Very Vanilla Card Stock and punched it out with the Word Window Punch (105090), then layered it on a Modern Label Punch (116630) made with Crushed Curry Card Stock. I added a Chocolate Chip 1/2" Library Clip (112581) to the left side and tied some Linen Thread (104199) around the Library Clip. I used more Stampin' Dimensionals to add my sentiment to the card. Then I decided the card needed some distressing so I used the Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad and simply drug it across the edges of the card to give it a more rustic look. All supplies are from Stampin'Up! and I really want to thank Barbara Goetz for the great idea.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope that you are able to get some stamping time in today. 'Til next time have a great day, Tonya



No comments: