Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flowers for Roo!

Good morning! This has been a busy week and I have loved stamping with several different groups. Last night I had a Halloween Scrapbook Workshop and we had a great time! It has inspired me to do more scrapbooking and I am already thinking about Christmas and Fall layouts so watch for more information. I will share the Halloween pages with you a little later. I wanted to take a few new pictures and with the rainy weather it isn't the best picture taking time. So for today I thought I would share with you a card that we did over the weekend at a Baby Shower I was asked to do. The host of the shower asked me to design two cards using the Build-a-Roo Stamp Set (115948). One would be for the Mom to be and the other would be for the guest to take home. It was a lot of fun and I was able to take me assistant (aka my wonderful daughter) with me so that made the day even more enjoyable. Both Cards were simple in design because I knew that the Watercoloring would take a while and since all were beginner stampers I didn't want to overwhelm them their first day. We also used the Stamp-a-ma-jig which takes some time and patience. Everyone did a great job and I hope they had a good time. The card colors were based off of the bedding that the Mom to be had chosen for the baby's room. On the first card the base is Rich Razzleberry Card Stock (115658) with an accent strip of Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper (115671) that I used the Eyelet Border Punch (113692) on both sides of. I also used Versamark and stamped hearts from the same set randomly on the Rich Razzleberry card stock just to add a little extra element. Then the Kangaroo was stamped with Basic Brown Classic Ink (104315) on Whisper White Card Stock (100730). On this card the Joey was added in the pouch and the sentiment Peek a Boo Someone New was added to the top also in Basic Brown Classic Ink (104305). The kangaroos were then watercolored with Creamy Caramel (103220), Pink Passion ( 101212) and Close to Cocoa (103139) Classic Ink and the Aquapainter. After rounding the corners with the 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047) the image was added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
The second card started with a base of Pale Plum Card Stock (101658) and I added Polka Dot Dry Embossing with the Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds ! Texturz Plates (114512). A little Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115613) was added around the middle and tied in a simple knot. On this Kangaroo I added flowers in her pouch and a Thanks So Very Much sentiment. The flowers were colored with Rich Razzleberry (115658), Pink Passion (101212), Pale Plum (102732) and Green Galore (102122) Classic Ink before the corners were again rounded and the image was added to the card.
Would you like me to help you plan your next baby or wedding shower. I would love to help! Just contact me and we can work on design ideas to make your next shower a customized event.
As always thank you for stopping by today. Be sure and stay warm and dry. Thanks, Tonya




No comments: