Friday, November 26, 2010

Jolly Green Quilt

Good morning, well I braved the crowds and went shopping last night at midnight and got home around 4:30 this morning. I didn't do a lot of shopping just two stores. Most of my time was spent waiting for the next store to open. :) I did start my Christmas shopping so that is great. It isn't to late to take advantage of the great online deals that Stampin'UP! is having this week. You can order online and even receive hostess benefits or you can give me a call and place your order. I am going to go through the list a purchase some of the My Digital Studio Downloads, Designer Series Fabric and Big Shot Dies. I love the fabric and am out of the Deck the Halls Fabric and need a little more to finish a project I will share with you next week. Also if you would like to get one of the best deals of the week then give me a call and we can talk about how you can get the Starter Kit or Digital Starter Kit for only $87.50.
Now for the card, I made this card a while ago when I made the other quilt card but I had forgot to show you. This card was inspired by a swap card I received at Convention from Sue Ring. I used the same stamp set and Designer Series Paper but really that is it for the similarities. After I made my card I did see a card similar to this on Josee Smuck so their are other Quilt Cards out there that might look the same. The base is Old Olive Card Stock, with a Quilt Top Note made with Jolly Holiday DSP that has been texturized with the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I made a Scallop Circle out of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock and stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla Card Stock with Jet Black Stazon. I used the Aquapainter and the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Classic Ink Pad to color in the Christmas Ornament then I punched out the image with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. I added a little Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and the card is complete. This is a easy card to make and would make a great Christmas card if you haven't designed your all ready. Perhaps like me. It is on my list along with decorating for Christmas and baking some cookies. Sunday if you are in the area be sure and stop by my house for my Gift Giving Open House. You can take a look at some gift ideas and do a couple of make n takes. The open house is from 2-4pm so feel free to stop by any time. Well, I am off to start my day (a little later than usual) and get some Christmas decorating done. Whether you spend your day shopping or perhaps having another Thanksgiving I hope you have a great one. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: