Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gift for a Friend

Good afternoon! I have been wanting to share my most recent sewing project with you for a few days but I just had not found the time to edit the pictures. Well, today I decided to get the done so that I could share it with you. My daughter had asked for a Scallop Square Purse for a friend and after looking a several different fabrics she picked these bright and fun patterns. This is a smaller messenger style purse with a longer strap that is meant to go around you from one shoulder to the opposite hip. I used 22 sets Scallop Squares including those for the flap. I changed the batting just a little bit and used a cotton batting and cut it with the Scallop Square Die also then instead of cutting between the scallops I left them whole and just washed it to give it a more natural look. I did add a magnetic closure which is a first but was so easy to do. To cover the magnet on the outside flap I made a flower using the Stampin'Up! Blossom Party Original Die and more fabric. I added a Tempting Turquoise Button to the center of the flower then stitched it on the purse. I have added a close up of the flower below. Since my daughter has already gave the purse to her friend I can report that she really liked it and I have request to make one slightly smaller for another friend, so in my free time I will work on that design. Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and
if you have any questions about how to make your own purse let me know and I will be happy to answer your questions. See you tomorrow, Tonya

No comments: