Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hot Chocolate Gift

Good morning, it looks to be another beautiful day in Missouri. I just love that the sun is shining when I take the kids to school even though it is darker earlier to me the trade off is worth it. Today I want to share with you a project that I started last week but didn't get to finish. It is one that they shared at Convention and I had tucked away for a later date. Well here it is. I found these cute white mugs at a local retail store and decided they were prefect for my hot chocolate mugs. I used the Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Big Shot and Real Red Decor Elements Sheets to cut out the snowflakes. They are so easy to add to the mug. I used many of the various sizes just randomly placed on the cup. In the cup I added a homemade hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and a candy cane. The tag is made with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Whisper White Card Stock and A Cute Christmas Stamp Set. I have this set in Clear Mount so both stamps were added to the same block inked with Basic Gray Classic Ink and stamped once. I used the Stampin' Write Markers in Baja Breeze, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Garden Green and Basic Black to color in the snowman. A little 2 Way Glue and the Chunky Glitter for the snow and this tag is almost complete. I added a Baja Breeze snowflake also made with the Northern Frost Decorative Strip and a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to finish off the tag. I used Real Red Satin Ribbon to tie my hot chocolate bag closed and the Clear Tinsel to add the tag to the bag. To finish off this gift idea I made a coaster with the Candy Cane Christmas Fabric. It was so easy to make just layer two pieces of fabric with a piece of cotton batting between then, run it through the Big Shot with the Clear Scallop Square Die. Hand stitch the edges with white thread and add a Candy Cane Big Designer Button in Real Red to the front corner. Super cute and so easy to make. I think I am going to make more of these to give as gifts to a few people this Christmas. I also have another mug made with Chocolate Chip snowflakes that will have a more vintage feel when I finish it. That's it for today, I have Stamp Club again tonight and volunteering at school today. Plus I hope to get some stamping done since I have a few ideas for new projects floating around in my head. :) Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you would like to see me do next. Have a great Wednesday, Tonya




No comments: