Friday, November 19, 2010

Countdown Til Christmas!


Good morning! I am so happy to finally be able to share this project with you. I started it several weeks ago and it has been one of those projects that just kept changing and evolving. After buying the Metal Flashing and making the Message Board from this post. I thought it would be fun to make a Countdown Til Christmas Board. I had several ideas but only a few remained on the finished project. I do like how it turned out and I need to figure out a place to put it in our house. The base is Metal Flashing cut to a 10" x10" size. It was then covered with a sheet of Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper. I used the Big Shot and cut out the Letters with the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Set and Cherry Cobbler Card Stock. The letters were attached with 2 Way Glue. I cut out several of the flowers in the upper corner and layered them to add more dimension. Then I added Champagne Glass Glitter to the center of the poinsettias. I used Crystal Effects to attach the Glass Glitter. It holds better and you don't have as much flake off. For the center of the board, I used another piece of Metal Flashing and cut out an oval with the Frame, Oval Scallop. On the back of the oval I added Deck the Halls Designer Series Fabric that was cut with the Tasteful Trim Bigs XL Die so that is was Scalloped on one edge. The fabric is held in place with Sticky Strip and then a card stock oval was added over the back to give it a more finished look. The numbers are cut out of Magnetic Sheet and Always Artichoke Card Stock with the Alphabet Simple Numbers Bigz Die and the sponged with Always Artichoke Classic Ink and Early Espresso Classic Ink. All the numbers are stored on the back so you can switch it out everyday as Christmas gets closer. The Big Shot was used quite a bit but I really love that tool so I don't mind at all. :) Well, I have a Christmas Card Stamp A Stack tomorrow and while the cards are designed I haven't cleaned my Class room in a while and the card stock is not cut yet. So I had better run and get busy so that I don't have a late night tonight. I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by today. Tonya

No comments: