Thursday, November 18, 2010

Silver Snowflake

I mentioned in a pervious post that I would try using the Snowflake #2 Die to make a candle holder. I had a little free time the other night so I gave it a try. This die is not as easy to use as the Flower die that I used but I do think with a little more trial and error I will get better results. I cut out three snowflakes from the Aluminum Flashing and stacked them to make the candle holder. The bottom layer is folded down, the middle layer is left flat and the top layer is folded upward to hold the candle in place. I also think this would make a really pretty ornament for a Christmas Tree. Just add ribbon through an open hole and you have a shiny ornament that should reflect the lights from your tree. I will have to take a look and see if there are other Big Shot Dies that will work for making candle holders or ornaments.
Today I am waiting on a couple of orders. Stamp Club orders will be arriving today as well as an order of supplies that I need. One is the Alphabet Simple Numbers Die that I need to finish up my Day's Til Christmas Countdown Board. I will try and share it either tomorrow or Monday. I have a few other projects started to share and My Christmas Stamp A Stack is this weekend. Need to starting the card stock for that. I love my job! It is so much fun to play with ink and card stock. If you would like to have a job like mine give me a call and we can chat. I am so glad I decided to sign up over 6 years ago. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: