Monday, November 8, 2010

Be Merry!

Hello! I decided to do some cleaning in my Craft Room this weekend so no stamping got done. I do have several projects started, if I could only finish one it would be great and of course this is club week so I will be working on Club Projects today too. I do have ideas for projects just need to complete my samples and cut out the supplies. So for today I am still working my way through some of the cards that I made for the Stack-a-Stamp. This card was one of the ones that the girls made with my wonderful daughter. The layout is simple but with the watercoloring, punching and Dazzling Diamonds I wanted it to be simple to make. The base of the card is Pretty In Pink Card Stock that has been embossed with the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then spritzed with the homemade Frost White Shimmer Paint Spritz. The cute little girl was stamped on Whisper White Card Stock with Basic Gray Classic Ink. In case you didn't recognize her from previous post she is from the Greeting Card Kids Stamp Set. She was watercolored with the Classic Stamp Pads and Blender Pen. The colors used were Bravo Burgundy, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, So Saffron and the Blush Blossom Marker for her face. There is Dazzling Diamonds added to her coat trim and hat with 2 Way Glue. She is then layered on Pretty In Pink and Bravo Burgundy. The Bravo Burgundy layer has the bottom punched with the Eyelet Border Punch and more Dazzling Diamonds added. To finish off the card I snowflake was added that was made from the Northern Frost Decorative Strip and the be merry was added after being stamped with Basic Gray and punched out with the 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch. Oops I just realized as I am typing up this post that the be merry is from a retired stamp set. Well, I forgot that stamp the day the girls made their cards anyway and we had to improvise and added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the center of the snowflake. I liked how those turned out too. It never fails I always forget something when packing for a workshop and for this one it was the be merry stamp set. Oh, well I will switch it out with a current stamp set and remove the retired set from my current sets. Now I am off to finish a project not just half start one and will be back tomorrow with a new post. Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday! Tonya

No comments: