Monday, November 22, 2010

Reindeer Food

Good afternoon! When I made this cute little basket last week I had no idea that it would be part of our Online Spectacular. What a great bonus treat. When my kids were younger we started a tradition thanks to my oldest son's preschool teachers' (Thanks, Miss Holly and Miss Kelly) to leave Reindeer Food sprinkled on our lawn to help them find their way to our house. The food consisted of Oatmeal and colored glitter. Well, we have since switched to colored sprinkles to be a little more environmentally friendly but the idea is still the same. I thought it would be cute to make a way to share this tradition with others. I cut the Real Red Card Stock with the Baskets and Blooms Bigz XL Die (which is on sale this week for $27.97) and the Big Shot. I used the same die and the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper to make the band around the bottom of the basket. Then I added a strip of Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Fabric ( which is only $4.98 this week) around the handle. I love how the fabric and paper coordinate. To finish off the basket I made a tag from a Baja Breeze Scallop Circle Punch, Blushing Bride Circle Punch and a cute little reindeer stamped with Early Espresso from the Jolly Bingo Bits Stamp Set. I colored in the reindeer's nose with the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to make him look more like Rudolph. Inside is the Reindeer Food. Simple and the basket is big enough to hold hot chocolate and a few extra's to give as gifts as well. To order all the supplies you can order online from me or you can contact me and I will help you place your order. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: