Monday, July 29, 2013

Color Block Butterfly

Hello! I have project to share and I just can't figure out which one to start with first so how about another Swallowtail Stamp Card. One of the fun things we did while at Convention was set a record for the most hand stamped cards sent from one location and this is the card that I sent. It went to a very special little girl who needed a little fun mail. She liked purple and sparkle. To make this background I used our clear blocks and our Stampin' Write Markers, specifically Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum. I colored the clear block with the markers then spritzed the block with water and simply set it on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and let the color absorb into it. After it dried I used Jet Black Stazon and stamped both the Swallowtail and the sentiment. I added the new Silver Ribbon from the Holiday Catalog and some Dazzling Diamonds to the butterfly before adding the sentiment that was punched out with the Wide Oval Punch. I don't think the camera catches the sparkle of the card but trust me is has plenty. I think I will give this card another try with a more bold difference in markers. Maybe Island Indigo with Tangerine Tango? Hope you are enjoying your day and remember that you can purchase all your card supplies through me either online at tonyaball.stampinup.net or by emailing or calling me. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: