Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tangerine Flower Garden

Good afternoon, well I am back and all set up for Stamp Club tonight. I am going to share one of the projects we are doing tonight with you today and another one later in the week. I did a card with this technique last week after I saw it on Song of My Heart Stampers. I knew I would want to try it again when I received the new Flower Garden Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and I thought it would be fun to share with my club ladies. The colors I used are Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Basic Black and Whisper White. I used the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a Aquapainter to color the flower image. The sentiment is from the Word Play Stamp Set which is on sale this month. I stamped it with Basic Gray, punched out the sentiment with the Decorative Label Punch and sponged the edges with a Sponge and Old Olive Classic Ink. To add a little interest to the upper right corner I punched with Whisper White layer out with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch. It still needed something so my 7 year old suggested adding butterflies, so I cut those out with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die using Tangerine Tango Card Stock. I used three on this card and it was just what the card needed. Thanks Jaxon! I added some detail to the inside of the card too and it is ready to mail. This would be a great pick me up card if someone is feeling a little down or is going through a hard time and what a great way to show you care. Have a great day and thank you for stopping by! Tonya



No comments: