Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Graduation Challenge



Good morning! It's Tuesday which means it is once again time for more Digital Downloads for My Digital Studio. If you would like to take a peak be sure and check them out here. If you have any questions about My Digital Studio then please contact me so I can help you.

Today's project is a little different than my usual. I was recently sent a link to a project similar to this one and being as it wasn't a Stampin'UP! project I decided to make it one. This is a award or congratulation ribbon. You could make one to decorate a baby gift, to give as an award for a contest or like mine to just let someone know that you are proud of them. The supplies I used are Designer Series Paper (I used Celebrations), Card Stock to match your Designer Series Paper (Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Real Red), Ribbon (Real Red Satin Ribbon and Retired Bashful Blue Ribbon). I used the new Happy Greetings and Pacific Point Classic Ink Pad to stamp the sentiment. Other supplies you need are the 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 3" Circle Big Shot Die, Big Shot, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fiskars Paper Cutter with Scoring Blade and the Scallop Edge Border Punch. To make the Medallion or Scalloped portion I cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper to measure 3" x 12". I then used the Scallop Edge Punch and punched the 3" side of both pieces. You then score the strips between every scallop and fold accordion style back and forth down both strips. I attached the two sets of ends together with a strong adhesive to make a circle. I then took a Whisper White 2 1/2" Circle and using the Multipurpose Adhesive a attached it to the back making sure to push the center of the scallop circle in tightly and held until the glue had time to set. I used the same method to attach the front circle which is a 3" Circle then decorated the front. To add the Ribbon I cut four pieces to the length I wanted and attached them to the front of another 2 1/2" Circle. I then used SNAIL to attach the circle to the circle on the back of the medallion making sure that the ribbon ends where on the inside sandwiched between the two layers. You can make these in varying sizes just by adjusting the size of the Designer Series Paper Stirps. Thanks Jeana for sharing this idea with me and I hope you all enjoyed it! If you have any questions about my directions leave me a comment and I will answer them. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: